Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
PAC Products prides itself on having the best installation
and instruction manuals available for these types of products. If purchasing a
PAC product store manuals carefully for future reference. Below are some of the
more common questions asked, which we address here and in the printed/online manuals.
Collar not Responding to Handset.
- Check battery status on both.
- Check antenna on handset (remove and press trigger beside collar, collar
should respond. If so antenna is damaged, order a new one from PAC. )
- Collar is working ok, then make sure you are not using the handset and
collar in an area with many metal buildings or metal railings are present.
- Collar is not placed snugly enough on dog. One finger should separate
probes from coat. Ensure long-haired breed probes are fitted for those breeds.
- Collar needs to be reset. Touch handset contact area to collar contact
area: wait for LED on collar to turn to orange. Then press trigger button, LED
should flash green.
Dog is responding to collar even away from fence area
- Ensure boundary loop is not laid parallel to metal pipes or wires, even
those underground. If in doubt, use a metal detector to locate them before
laying the fence.
Dog is not responding to collar and ignores fence
- Collar batteries are depleted; recharge;
Control unit is removed from mains: check
- Collar not fitted snugly enough: One finger should separate probes from
coat. Ensure long-haired breed probes are fitted for those breeds.
- Collar needs to be reset outside of active zone. Use magnet on
recharging leads to reset collar.
- Boundary Loop is buried too deeply: ensure it is not more than 10cm (4
in) below ground).
- Boundary Loop is connected to wrong connector on Control Unit.
- Ensure 500m+ loops are connected to the 500m+ connector, and the return section to the earth connector.
Collar is activating when I bring it near Control Unit
- Ensure boundary loop is braided at least once per 3 cm for the last 60 cm before it enters the Control Unit. This cancels the signal and hence prevents the collar from activating.
- The boundary loop has been damaged in some way.
- Check status on Control Unit and visually inspect boundary loop. If broken, use
connectors to reconnect